My first was an adaptation of this one from Betty Crocker: Maple Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze.
I made the recipe as is, substituting mashed banana for the eggs. This was something that worked brilliantly for my Eggless Mocha Cupcakes, making them moist and fluffy.
Unfortunately, it really didn't work so well with this recipe, perhaps because the bananas weren't very ripe. The sponge turned out doughy and heavy and it was difficult to separate from the tin and the cake was really overly sweet and sickly. I did really love the maple glaze though so I incorporated that into my second attempt.
I searched for a recipe that was a basic egg free bundt and I came across this one from Lemonginger.com - Eggless Vanilla Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze.
The recipe is really easy and quick and uses simple ingredients:
(Recipe as shown on lemonginger.com)
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups of yogurt (home-made)
1½ cups of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2½ teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C for 10 minutes. Grease and lightly dust an 8 cups bundt pan.
2. Beat the sugar and yogurt for 5 minutes on high speed. Add baking powder and baking soda, beat in on low, and allow to stand for 3 minutes. You will find that bubbles appear.
3. Beat in the oil and vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour in 4 lots, blending in well after each addition.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 170-180°C and bake for 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5. Cool the cake for 30 minutes and gently de-mold. Then place onto a plate.